zondag 17 april 2011

Linked Lists to store classes into - Example



The applet above uses Linked Lists to store classes into. I think I remember that being called instances of classes? I have no idea if when you remove a linkedlist item from the List if then the class is closed to.


I was looking through the java source code that I downloaded in the last few weeks. I discovered that I downloaded a Dijkstra path finding example and was studying how it uses open and closed lists. I was working on a path finding example and could not figure out how to do the open and closed lists. I see that Java has Linked Lists. .

Below are several lines of code the I think are needed for setting up the linked lists.

import java.util.LinkedList;

//Placed in the main class
LinkedList nodes, openlist, closedlist ;

//Placed in the init() part
nodes = new LinkedList() ;
closedlist = new LinkedList() ;
openlist = new LinkedList() ;

//Usage
closedlist.add(best) ;
openlist.remove(best) ;

I have gotten it working. I can add classes to a linked list and remove them to. I also took a look at Lists that Java has but I could not get it working with classes.

I have no idea if this is the best way to create the sprites and particles ect.. in Java. I found a tutorial and found it uses regular arrays to store sprite classes in but arrays can not be resized. Linked Lists can have their contents removed and added to. I also found the Lists feature but do not understand it yet.


Below is the source code of the example applet.

 


import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;
import java.util.LinkedList;
import java.util.Random;

public class ListTest02 extends Applet {

 LinkedList enemies = new LinkedList();
 Random r1 = new Random();

 public void init()
 {
  // Test adding items to linked list
  for(int i = 0 ; i <= 30 ; i++){
   enemies.add(new theEnemies(r1.nextInt(200),r1.nextInt(200)));
  }
  // Test removing of item from linked list.
  enemies.remove(0);
 }

 public void paint(Graphics g)
 {

  g.drawString("Welcome to Java!!", 50, 60 );

  theEnemies theenemies;
  for (int i = 0 ; i < enemies.size();i++) {
   theenemies = (theEnemies)enemies.get(i);
   g.drawRect(theenemies.getx(),theenemies.gety(),32,32);
        }

 }

 class theEnemies
 {
  private int x;
  private int y;
  private int w;
  private int h;
  public theEnemies(int x1,int y1)
  {
   x=x1;
   y=y1;
  }
  public int getx()
  {
   return x;
  }
  public int gety()
  {
   return y;
  }
 }

}

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.