dinsdag 5 april 2011

Investigating the difference between image and bufferedimage

You can create bufferedimages and Images but what is the difference with these two words.

I have seen the word volatile being used a number of times when I was looking into graphics for java. Volatile means something like changeable. Not to sure what the other words to describe volatile mean. (google define:volatile)

I read that BufferedImage has considerably more capabilities than Image. If you don't need any of those capabilities then you can use Image, otherwise use BufferedImage.

As I understand now I think that you can not use a Raster with regular Images. So for Image manipulation the BufferedImage is needed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.