woensdag 22 februari 2012

The Gimp - investing time in art creation.

It has been years ago that I last draw art for games. Sometimes I get the idea to spend time in drawing programs. I now downloaded the latest version of Gimp after looking around for drawing programs. I could find nothing better then the Gimp. I already found my favourite brush, the Smudge brush. This one can be used to smear the pixels around. It is easy to make clouds with the smudge brush for instance.
I want to spend time in the future drawing. I want to get good at it. This means getting to the 10.000 hours of experience with it. This means it will probably be old before I am good enough.

In blogger you can upload png files so I will be placing example drawings and step by step drawings in posts in the future. I hope that I will be productive. I also still think of things that I want to code.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Well, I could use help with isometric drawing principles. I have not really invested time in drawing tiles for isometric maps. Those maps like the old amiga game popoulous. The tiles are a lot and complex. Tis one of my favourite games back in the early ninetees.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.