maandag 16 mei 2011

Bought the ebook Game ai by Example.

I bought the ebook game ai by Example on the 12th. I am suprised that it takes so long to process the order since this is a ebook. Today the book is still not delivered.

I am hoping to learn a couple of things by studying this book.

I also bought a new Netbook a couple of weeks ago. It is a Atom Dual Core N550 model. It has Windows 7 starters on it and you can not change the background image unless you install a program to do that.
The Netbook is not as fast as I hoped it would be. It seems that compression programs do not fully use the available processor but only 2 threads of the 4 threads that are available. The bigger Harddisk space is a plus. I downloaded 120.000 music modules and still have a lot of space left. Trouble is that players can not handle that much files. The Netbook Gpu is 200Mhz which is the somewhat the same as my older Netbook.

I spend the weekend watching tv and programming three platformer examples for the blog. I had trouble making them. I still have to get used to the Java Language. Jcreator5 is buggy to which caused me to loose code while editing. I think there must be something wrong with the folding feature (weird deletions) The compiling time is also pretty slow. I hoped it would be faster since I am now using a dual core processor but no. Jcreator5 also has bugs with forgetting screen mode and key shortcut changes. They get erased. I have tried different editors but the bigger ones are slower and the smaller ones are difficult to use. I was used to Jcreator so I will stick to that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.